Immigration Law is Personal for Us | Connie Kaplan, Immigration Attorney
The Law Offices of Connie Kaplan, P.A. are dedicated to providing each client with the best possible representation for their immigration matter. Whether you or a loved one are hoping to come to the U.S. to open a business or invest in one, to be with family, to seek asylum from persecution in your home country, or for any other reason, we are here to help YOU make the United States YOUR permanent home. We focus our law practice on family immigration issues and investor visa cases.
Why Immigration Law?
Many people wonder what would draw someone to focus their entire career on immigration law, especially when immigration laws are so complicated. As an immigrant myself, I struggled through a variety of legal issues that spanned for more than 15 years.
For me, immigration law was more than a career choice — it was a calling. I have gone through the asylum process, had a deportation case filed against me, obtained a cancellation of removal, and eventually, was finally able to obtain permanent residency and citizenship. I know and understand exactly what you and your family are going through, and that makes me want to fight harder for you.
When I was going through this difficult experience for more than a decade, I made one important mistake: I did not have an attorney at my side from the beginning, and that made things much more difficult for me. The government is inefficient, especially when it comes to immigration matters. It is easy to get lost in the paperwork, and there is so much more to it than filling out some forms.
Because of this, I have dedicated my entire legal career to helping ensure you will not need to go through the same challenges that I struggled with for so long. — Connie
So, Why Choose Us?
Immigration law is not just our job, it is our passion. Learn about some of the many things that set us apart from other immigration attorneys in the area:
- We offer frequent and clear communication with our clients; emails are generally returned within one business day.
- All consultations and communications are kept confidential
- We maintain an “Excellent” rating on Avvo and have received a Client’s Choice Award for Immigration in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017!
- We have an excellent approval rating from our clients because we get great results!
- We are members of AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) and have served on South Florida’s chapter CBP and USCIS committees.
- We speak Spanish, Hungarian, and Romanian.
- Experienced in the immigration issues of clients from European, Middle East, Central, and Latin American countries.
- Our team stays up to date with the latest immigration laws, policies, regulations, and other developments.
- Ms. Kaplan is an immigrant herself and she understands the concerns you have and the issues you are facing.
Education & Career
Attorney Connie Kaplan graduated from the State University of New York with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business, summa cum laude. She then went on to receive her law degree from Nova Southeastern University. While attending Nova Southeastern University, she received the Goodwin Scholarship, was on the dean’s list, and graduated with honors. She also served as the editor-in-chief of the ILSA Journal for International and Comparative Law. She has since returned to the Shepard Broad College of Law at Nova Southeastern University as an Adjunct Professor of Law.
We are Here to Help
If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a confidential consultation, please do not hesitate to contact us.