We are so excited about the Holiday Season and along with our staff and clients we celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and the New Year. We are ready or getting ready with decorating, cooking (and eating) delicious foods, shopping for gifts for our loved ones, and making plans to spend with our families.
It is a busy time. We understand. You are thinking about your loved ones abroad and vowing to do something about bringing them to the United States, just as soon as January 1st is here. Or you really want to resolve your immigration status once and for all, and think you cannot do it now because you have to take care of the festivities first. It is too easy to fall into “I will do it next year”, but here are the reasons why you should do it now:
- Now is the slow application season at USCIS. After all, many think the same way you do. Once received, the applications are issued a priority date based on the order received. Wouldn’t you want to beat the rush and get it done before everyone else?
- If you commit now, you can get started on collecting the documents and information you need for a complete filing, and still be ahead of everyone else who starts in January or February.
- You really cannot afford to wait in this political climate, as many policies may change during the lame duck session (the period of time defined by the current elected officials continuing to hold political office until the inauguration of their successors, such as the U.S. House of Representatives).
- We are still offering twenty percent off to new clients filing for adjustment of status or consular processing until December 31st!
The bonus: You might get your family here for next year’s festivities or you get to celebrate your new green card! Call us – no reason to delay.
Latest posts by Law Offices of Connie Kaplan, P.A. - Connie Kaplan (see all)
- The Fiancé and Spouse Visa: Which One is Best for You? - January 20, 2021