(754) 757-2447


Citizenship in the USA & Medicare – What You Need To Know

Click photo Immigrating to the USA is a long and tedious process, but once it’s behind you, there are many opportunities that can open up for you. Once you are settled, one of the first things that many people care about squaring away is health insurance. If not yet retired or over age 65, lawfully present immigrants can get health insurance coverage through an employer. If not employed or if Read More

What if Love Hurts? Relationships & Your Immigration Status

The relationships we form with others are a vital part of our emotional and mental wellbeing - some would argue that they are essential to our survival. They definitely play an important role in one’s immigration status in the U.S., as marriage or a family connection to a citizen or lawful permanent resident affects the terms of one’s residency. What happens if that relationship is difficult or even dangerous? Read More

How to Start Building a Life with Your Loved One in the U.S.

You are getting away from the Polar Vortex and are on vacation in Florida or a nice tropical island when Cupid strikes and you meet the love of your life. You cannot imagine living without your LOVE and your LOVE feels the same. But wait, your LOVE does not have a visa to get to the United States or is already here but without status. How do you make this happen? If your loved one is already in the United States, Read More

Immigration for Investors: A Guide to Your Visa Options

Foreign investment in the United States benefits the national economy and creates job opportunities in areas where they may be needed the most. This is why U.S. immigration law provides overseas investors with the means of obtaining a visa and coming here to establish, manage, or invest in different types of businesses. If your goal is to invest your time, skills, and capital in the U.S. economy, the visas below Read More

4 Reasons to Apply TODAY for Immigration Benefits

We are so excited about the Holiday Season and along with our staff and clients we celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and the New Year. We are ready or getting ready with decorating, cooking (and eating) delicious foods, shopping for gifts for our loved ones, and making plans to spend with our families. It is a busy time. We understand. You are thinking about your loved ones abroad and vowing to do something Read More

Immigration for the Transgender Community: Know Your Rights!

Transgender immigrants travel to the United States for many reasons. Some individuals arrive in response to an offer of employment. Others fell in love with a U.S. citizen and are coming on a K-1 fiancé(e) visa to marry them and begin a new life that includes a family and future U.S. citizenship. Many also come to escape persecution back home or were brought here as part of a human trafficking operation. A Read More

4 Ways You Can Obtain Your Green Card

When an immigrant receives lawful permanent residence status in the U.S., it is commonly known as getting a green card. Once granted, the recipient is authorized to live and work in the country permanently and enjoy the following benefits: Apply for U.S. citizenship after five years; Sponsor immediate family members to come to the U.S.; Receive Social Security benefits after working for at least 10 years; Read More

Family Immigration: An Overview of Visas for Immediate Relatives

 If you are a U.S. citizen, immigration law allows you to petition to have your close relatives join you in the United States. These Immediate Relative (IR) Petitions may be filed on behalf of the following family members: Spouses Unmarried children under the age of 21 Orphans adopted abroad or in the United States Parents (provided the sponsor is 21 or older) Grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, Read More

Seeking Asylum In United States

Immigration Law 101: Understanding Asylum You have the basic human right to enjoy a peaceful life. Unfortunately the world is not always a friendly place, especially if you are gay, bisexual, transgender, or part of a particular religion or political party. Every year, many people arrive in the U.S. knowing that if they return home, they may face persecution simply because of who they are or because of their Read More

What You Need to Know About Family Preference Immigrant Visas

If you have obtained residence or citizenship in the United States, the law allows certain relatives of yours to apply for immigrant visas and eventually become green card holders. The Immigration and Nationality Act specifies two categories: Immediate relatives of U.S. citizens. This includes spouses, unmarried minor children, and parents. Applicants in this category have priority over other people seeking Read More