When reading about ways to legally come into the United States, you will run across a long list of different reasons why someone may be inadmissible. If you find yourself to be inadmissible for one reason or another, do not give up hope! For many people who fall into this category, it is possible to submit an inadmissibility waiver so that it is once again possible to seek a visa.
Examples of Reasons for Being “Inadmissible”
There are a variety of reasons why people who want to come to the United States are found to be inadmissible. The following are the most common reasons, all of which can be bypassed with an inadmissibility waiver in at least some cases:
- Health Issues – Those with communicable diseases such as tuberculosis, gonorrhea, lymphogranuloma venereum, and leprosy.
- Criminal Record – People with criminal records are often found to be inadmissible.
- Illegal Immigrant – Those who have been found in the country illegally often cannot get a visa for at least a period of time after being deported.
- Security Issues – Those who are known or suspected spies, terrorists, or voluntary members of communist or totalitarian parties are inadmissible.
- Other – There are many other things related to current or past behavior, associations, conditions, or other issues that can cause a person to be inadmissible to the United States.
Pursuing an Inadmissibility Waiver
If you or a loved one is unable to come into the country due to one of the issues listed above, the next step is to file an inadmissibility waiver. There are several different types of waivers that are used depending on the reason for being inadmissible. For example, those who were denied entry into the country for health-related issues can often file a form I-601 to seek a waiver.
You Are Not Alone! We Are Here for You.
The fact that you have been determined to be inadmissible to come into the U.S. will obviously make it more difficult to qualify for a visa. With this in mind, you want to do everything possible to ensure your application for an inadmissibility waiver is handled appropriately to help give you the best odds of qualifying. We have helped many people get the waivers they need, and we would love to help you as well. No matter what obstacles stand in your path, please contact us to discuss your options and get the help you need.