Business and Investor Visas



Business and Investor Visas

Fort Lauderdale law office

Why Trust us for your U.S. Business and Investor Visas?

Unlock the vast opportunities of doing business or investing in the United States without the hassle of navigating intricate immigration laws. At the Law Offices of Connie Kaplan, P.A., we bring years of expertise in U.S. immigration to provide personalized visa solutions that fit your unique needs. Whether your goal is to launch a new venture or secure permanent residency, our dedicated team is committed to turning your American Dream into reality.

Types of Business and Investor Visas

Understanding the different types of visas available is crucial for making an informed decision. Here are some of the most common visas for business owners and investors:

The EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) visa allows certain professionals to bypass the labor certification process if their work benefits the United States

E2 Visa

The E2 visa is ideal for treaty investors who wish to enter the U.S. to direct and develop a business in which they have invested a substantial amount of capital.

L1 Visa

L1 visas facilitate the temporary transfer of foreign employees to a U.S. office in managerial, executive, or specialized knowledge roles.

Ready to Elevate Your Business or Investment Goals in the U.S.?

Unlocking business or investment opportunities in the United States doesn’t have to be complicated. With our expert guidance, you can navigate the maze of immigration laws effortlessly. Schedule a consultation today to discuss your specific needs and discover the best visa options for you.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):

The EB-2 NIW Visa is a U.S. employment-based visa for individuals with advanced degrees or exceptional skills. It allows self-petitioning and waives the need for a job offer or labor certification.

NIW stands for National Interest Waiver. It is a U.S. immigration provision that allows certain foreign nationals to apply for a green card without needing employer sponsorship or a Labor Certification (PERM). The waiver is available to those who can demonstrate that their work is of “national interest” to the United States. This means their contributions significantly benefit the U.S. in areas such as healthcare, technology, or education.

The National Interest Waiver (NIW) is a U.S. immigration provision that allows certain qualified individuals to apply for green card, but to qualify the applicant must demonstrate that their work serves the “national interest” of the United States. Qualifying applicants seeking to immigrate to the U.S. under the NIW provision must prove that they stand to advance the national interests of the United states in areas such as healthcare, technology, education, or economic development. Essentially, the waiver asserts that the individual’s contributions are so valuable to the U.S. that the standard requirements for obtaining a green card should be waived.

Eligibility requires an advanced degree or exceptional ability in fields like science, arts, or business. Additionally, the applicant’s work must serve the U.S. national interest.

No, one of the key benefits of the EB-2 NIW Visa is that it does not require a job offer or PERM labor certification.

Yes, spouses and children under 21 can obtain derivative visas to join you in the U.S.

The application process involves filing Form I-140, submitting required documentation, and waiting for USCIS approval. After approval, you can apply for a green card.

The E2 visa, which also referred to as the E-2 Treaty Investor visa, is a nonimmigrant visa that allows nationals from countries that have treaties of commerce and navigation with the United States to enter the U.S. for the purpose of directing and developing the operations of an enterprise they have invested in or are in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital. Learn about criteria for investment and for employees under E-2 Treaty Investor visa by scheduling a consultation with the expert team at the Law Offices of Connie Kaplan, P.A. today!
Key Changes as of Dec. 23, 2022:
According to the USCIS, the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) was amended to define the eligibility criteria for E visas. Now, USCIS may request additional documentation related to how the applicant obtained treaty country nationality. For those who obtained nationality through a financial investment, USCIS may require documentation to show that the applicant has been domiciled in the treaty country for a continuous period of at least 3 years before applying for E-1 or E-2 classification.

The L1 Visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows foreign companies to transfer certain employees to a related U.S. company. There are two main types: the L1A visa for managers and executives, and the L1B visa for employees with specialized knowledge. The U.S. company must be a branch, parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of the foreign company, and the employee must have worked for the foreign company for at least one year within the last three years. This visa offers the flexibility to live and work in the U.S., and it can also pave the way for a Green Card.

The L1 and H1B visas are both U.S. employment-based visas but differ in purpose, eligibility, duration, and limitations.

L1 Visa

  • Purpose: For intra-company transfers to a U.S. office.
  • Eligibility: Must be an executive, manager, or have specialized knowledge. No degree required.
  • Duration: L1A for seven years; L1B for five years. No extensions.
  • Cap: No annual limit.

H1B Visa

  • Purpose: Allows U.S. companies to hire foreign nationals in specialized roles.
  • Eligibility: Requires a bachelor’s degree or higher and specialized knowledge. Employer must prove a lack of qualified U.S. applicants.
  • Duration: Six years, with possible extensions.
  • Cap: Limited to 65,000 per year, plus 20,000 for those with master’s degrees or higher.

Both visas offer a path to a Green Card and allow spouses to work under certain conditions.

Scroll to Top
Skip to content